In line with our core value: creating a better and sustainable world for generations to come, the Corporate Volunteering Program looks to create beneficial impact within the communities where we operate and the environment.
Our program is intended to be transversal as it involves a wide range of social activities promoted by the company with the common purpose of improving the quality of life and the sustainability of its communities.
The program will be based on three important areas: combating poverty and disaster relief, environmental protection and pushing technological education.
In terms of environmental protection we will carry out reforestation activities as well as coastal area clean-ups to raise environmental awareness and to reduce our carbon footprint, while simultaneously contributing to the United Nations' Social Development Goals (SDGs) 13 (Climate Action), 14 (Life below Water) and 15 (Life on Land).
We also want to promote STEM education (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in order to inspire young people to pursue a carrer in those disciplines. Thereby we contribute to SDG 4: Quality Education.
Volunteering is key to our commitment to society. We are committed to involving our employees in improving our communities and the planet, and recognizing our dedicated colleagues, who give their time to help organize local volunteering events and motivate others to join the effort. They are a key part of our strategy.
Become now a volunteer by fulfilling this form!! (Only for Siemens Gamesa people)
Being a volunteer has several benefits:
• You can multiply the scope of the help Siemens Gamesa gives to society
• You will learn and teach how to contribute to improvement
• It gives great pride belonging to a company that is committed to society and provides opportunities for its employees
• Contributing to good and meaningful work gives motivation and personal satisfaction
With the volunteering program, we are creating a "volunteer exchange" and we are going to give more strength and recognition to the figure of the volunteer. To this end, we will send an official Company Volunteer certificate to each employee who registers. We want to distinguish people who are committed to helping and provide them with recognition that demonstrates their commitment, which can be included in their CV´s and in any other place where we want to highlight the person's strengths.
Volunteering is one of the keys to our commitment to society. The corporate volunteer program includes the figure of the Stars who give their time to help organize locally volunteer events, and to motivate other employees to join the effort. They are a key part of our strategy.
Don’t hesitate - join today! Together, we can make real what matters!
More than 75 employees who help manage locally different volunteering events and motivate others to join the initiative. We already have Star Leaders in 14 countries.
Who are they?
- They are Siemens Gamesa employees who are aware of the importance of social action and are motivated to push Siemens Gamesa towards bringing hep to communities
- What will they do?
- SGRE Stars will act as Ambassadors to the Social Commitment (SC) Team in the countries where they are based
- They are employees who voluntarily donate part of their time to the organization of social action activities
- In coordination with the SC team, they will help organize/coordinate events in the different countries